Famous singer Jacob Hoggard was represented by criminal and regulatory lawyer Megan Savard.
Jacob is a Canadian singer who has shared the stage with the pop-rock group Hedley. He was conceived on July 9, 1984, in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
British Columbia’s Surrey and Abbotsford were the singer’s childhood homes. Hoggard went to school in Abbotsford at the Mennonite Educational Institute, Yale Secondary School, and Senator Reid Elementary School.
During the second season of the reality show Canadian Idol, Jacob made his acting debut. He appeared in the show’s finale in the third season. The vocalist then helped other celebrities Dave Rosin, Tommy Mac, and Chris Crippin launch the band Hedley.
He wed his high school love in 2005; nevertheless, the marriage ended in divorce in 2009. He married Canadian actress Rebekah Asselstine on December 31, 2018.
Hoggard was one of the Young Artists for Haiti, and the song also reached its highest point at the top of the Canadian Hot 100 charts. The entertainer has been on a hiatus since 2018 from his career.
After encountering some legal issues, the well-known musician hired Megan to represent him personally. Since then, she has handled all cases concerning him. Similar to Elaine Bredehoft, Megan is currently a well-known lawyer.
To learn more about Jacob Hoggard’s Wikipedia bio, age, earnings and facts, continue reading the article below.
Jacob Hoggard Attorney Wikipedia And Bio
Jacob Hoggard was charged with assault with the intent to cause bodily harm in March 2022 following an incident on June 16 in Ontario. His bio has been featured on Wikipedia.
Megan Savard is a partner with his law firm, Savard Foy LLP. She focuses on challenging constitutional litigation, privacy law, and offenses when practising criminal, constitutional, and regulatory law.
Savard is regarded as one of Canada’s top attorneys. She has experience advocating for clients in court and on appeal. At the same time, she has held positions on every level of the legal system, including the Canadian Supreme Court.
She graduated from the University of Toronto and has worked as a judicial clerk, legal group associate, and articling student. In addition to being an attorney, Savard frequently gives lectures about current events at conferences and universities.
The lawyer received the Precedent Setter Award in 2019. This award honors lawyers who have excelled and demonstrated leadership in the legal community.
Megan is a well-known leader in Canada’s major advocacy organizations, similar as this. She has been appointed the director of the Criminal Lawyers Association and co-chairs the committee’s litigation subcommittee.
Five Facts On Jacob Hoggard
- Megan Savard is the founding partner of Savard Foy LLP and a well-known expert in criminal defense, legal research, and appeals. She is the lawyer who is defending Jacob Hoggard.
- The lawyer for the defense won the 2019 Precedent Setter Award for their work in the legal system.
- In 2017, Savard represented the Criminal’s Association before the Supreme Court of Canada in a case that confirmed a defendant’s right to a quick trial.
- She is married to Phil Savard, general counsel for Acerus Pharma, and they have a child together.
- She is an expert in criminal defense and appeals, and Best Lawyers in Canada says so. She also works as a duty lawyer for the Inmate Appeal Duty Counsel Program of the Ontario Court of Appeal.