Dustin Poirier is left-handed because he uses the South Paw stance, typically utilized by left-handed fighters.
He stated that he has a dominant right-handed hand in several Reddit threads despite having a dominant left-handed hand.
An American MMA fighter most recently competed against Conor McGregor. He competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the top MMA league in the world, in the featherweight and lightweight weight classes.
As of October 2019, he had triumphed in 25 out of 32 mixed martial arts contests, including 12 by way of knockout, seven via submission, and six via decision. The athlete is presently rated top in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
To learn Five Fast Facts about Dustin Poirier, continue reading the article.
Dustin Poirier Is Left Handed
Dustin Poirier has the advantage over his opponent since he plays with his left hand and uses the Southpaw posture.
Dustin uses powerful strikes as well as combos, but his superb boxing abilities put his opponents under the most stress.
Right hand and right foot are in front, followed by a right jab and left cross-right hook from the boxer. This explains his standard method of attack when he adopts the Southpaw stance.
It is regarded as the normal stance for a left-handed boxer. Despite being left-handed, there aren’t many images of him signing autographs with his right hand for fans.
Find Five Fast Facts To Explore: Facts On Dustin Poirier
- Dustin Glenn Poirier, the UFC fighter whose real name is Dustin Poirier, was born on January 19, 1989. He and Jolie Poirier give birth to their daughter, Parker Noelle Poirier.
- Poirier’s Louisiana Style Hot Sauce and Whiskey are also sold through Dustin Poirier’s business, Rare.
- The Good Fight Foundation, established by Dustin and incorporated in 2018, works to support those in need and in underdeveloped areas.
- Before entering the sport, Poirier used to gather pecans and aluminum cans.
- Dustin Poirier plays the main character in the sports documentary Fightville, which is based on the lives of different fighters from Louisiana.
Dustin Poirier Defeated Conor McGregor In The UFC
At UFC 264 in January 2021, Conor McGregor was defeated by Dustin Poirier, the organization’s last survivor. In their very dramatic matchups, Dustin won twice, while the Irishman only secured one triumph in 2014.
Conor McGregor suffered a leg injury in the final round that stopped the fight. Since his defeat by Dustin more than a year ago, Conor hasn’t returned to the Octagon.
Street-born Dustin has achieved significant success in both his professional and entrepreneurial efforts. The tough boxer is worth $6 million.
After turning pro, Dustin Poirier started competing in mixed martial arts in 2009. He had a notable 7-0 record to begin with.
Poirier first took part in local competitions, mostly in his native Louisiana and the American South. Follow Dustin Poirier on Instagram, which 4 million people do, at @dustinpoirier to learn more about him.